With ever-changing rules, regulations and legislation in the employee background screening industry, MBI Worldwide understands how important it is as a Human Resource Manager to stay ahead of the hiring game with the EEOC.
MBI’s Compliance Department has compiled a checklist of background screening legal and best practices to help you stay compliant in the hiring process. This list includes:
- Consent and Disclosure
- Adverse Action
These are a few of the questions that are answered in our checklist:
- Do I know the proper release language or am I still using language that is not legally permissible?
- Have I provided proper disclosures to the job applicant?
- Do I evaluate criminal records in accordance with the EEOC’s Enforcement Guidance?
- Do I know where I need to apply the Credit Report Ban?
- Do I use online screening agencies that are not regulated?
- Do I provide written notice to applicants?
- Do I fully understand pre-adverse action and adverse action when using a consumer report?
For the full list, Download our FREE Best Practices Guide here.
Disclaimer: Please be aware that MBI Worldwide (Midwest Backgrounds, Inc.) is not a law firm and all policies should be reviewed by an HR attorney for your companies’ best practices and all legal procedures, even if you are currently a client of MBI Worldwide. Do not use this list, or anything published from MBI Worldwide as legal advice or inclusively for your screening policy.