A social security trace is an instant search administered from a database. Social security trace information is derived from an individual’s credit history and the information comes from all major credit reporting agencies.
Why is a SSN Trace valuable in an employee background screening?
- Supplies aliases, AKAs, and legal name changes for the individual
- Provides current and previous residential history
What are SSN trace limitations?
- It is not a verification that a certain social security number belongs to a certain individual
- It does not supply information on whether a person has provided a valid social security number
Why might the job applicant’s social security trace come back on the employee screening report without any address history?
- The applicant is young and doesn’t have a credit history. This is the most common reason.
- The person has never applied for credit.
- The number was written down or entered incorrectly.
Please do not hesitate to contact any of our representatives for more information on this search and any other services that MBI Worldwide offers.